Adviser to the President of the Republic on Issues of Promoting Multiculturalism, Acceptance and Respect for Diversity (MARD)
The Adviser to the President of the Republic on Issues of Promoting Multiculturalism, Acceptance and Respect for Diversity (MARD) deals with the promotion of the cultivation of full respect for human rights and the acceptance of diversity by all to all since it is a cornerstone of the social philosophy and perception of this Governance.
- Understanding and appreciating the interdependence of humanity, cultures and the natural environment.
- Practice mutual respect for qualities and experiences that are different from our own.
- Understanding that diversity includes not only different ways of being, but also different ways of understanding.
- Recognition that personal, cultural and institutionalised discrimination creates and maintains privileges for some, creating and maintaining, at the same time, disadvantages for others.
- Create alliances between differences so that we can work together to eliminate all forms of discrimination.
The role of the MARD Advisor
- Promote actions aimed at protecting human rights in general and in particular on issues that promote diversity.
- Strengthen laws and systems that protect and promote social inclusion and include vulnerable groups and minorities.
- Promote and strengthen the positions of human rights defenders and the people they represent, facilitating their access to government services.
- Promote accountability for any violations where they are detected before they cause any displeasure of independent supervisory bodies, domestic and international.
- Building strong links with stakeholders, such as international networks, NGOs or progressive enterprises, with the aim of improving existing situations. In this context, close cooperation with Ministries, and government agencies is required.